Sonatas By Mozart Mislabeled

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

caters
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Sonatas By Mozart Mislabeled

Post by caters »

Nineteen Sonatas for the Piano has all of Mozart's sonatas mislabeled from 5 for Mozart's first to 17 for his 15th

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Werke however has only 1 mislabeled. However it is Mozart's most famous of his 20 piano sonatas of which 18 are numbered and 2 are unnumbered. What I am saying is that both of these people have the K 545 mislabeled with 15 in Wolgang Amadeus Mozart's Werke and 1 in Nineteen Sonatas for the Piano.

If somebody could edit the PDFs so that they have the right numbers for each and every sonata please do it so that nobody else says "No Mozart wrote the K 545 as his 16th not his 15th or 1st." and everybody agrees on the sonata numbers.
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Sonatas By Mozart Mislabeled

Post by Carolus »

The mis-labelling in the PDFs - which were scanned from older editions - was due to the confusion on the part of 19th-century editors about how many sonatas were composed and in what sequence. It's not really a work-page issue, but an issue regarding particular files.
caters

Re: Sonatas By Mozart Mislabeled

Post by caters »

I know but it is still an issue because it makes me confuse Mozart's 1st sonata in C, 15th sonata in F, and 16th sonata in C which is the most famous of all, especially the 15th and 16th piano sonatas since I usually use the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Werke edition for Musescore.

I see Sonatae no. 15 fur das pianoforte and I immediately think of Mozart's 15th sonata in F but I actually see it in an edition of his 16th sonata in C.