Connect Arranger page to new Composer page

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

chime
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Connect Arranger page to new Composer page

Post by chime »

There is an Arranger page for Ernest Toy here: https://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Toy,_Ernest/Arranger

I have created a Composer page for him: https://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Toy,_Er ... iam_Rogers

How do I connect these?
chime

Re: Connect Arranger page to new Composer page

Post by chime »

It appears that someone did this for me ... but it would be nice to know how to do these things oneself as I have found other instances.
Last edited by chime on Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bicinium
active poster

Re: Connect Arranger page to new Composer page

Post by bicinium »

Hi, this kind of thing is a lot more automatic than you might think. If a work page has the category "Doe, John/Arranger", then the page will be in that category, whether or not that category has actually been created or not ("created" here means adding text to the category). And if there is a "Doe, John" composer category, then any works in "Doe, John/Arranger" will automatically show up there in the "As Arranger" tab. Therefore, there is no such thing as connecting an arranger page to a composer page. If they have matching names, then things will display as they should.

In your example, you actually gave two links with two different names: "Toy, Ernest" as opposed to "Toy, Ernest William Rogers". The two pages used to be in "Toy, Ernest/Arranger" but an admin changed the pages so that they go to "Toy, Ernest William Rogers/Arranger" instead, via the LinkArr template. (and the category is not actually created, as you can tell from "There is currently no text in this page"; any random name that you could type in will display this text. That said, you shouldn't create this kind of category since it is not needed)
Since the pieces are now in "Toy, Ernest William Rogers/Arranger", they show up in the As Arranger tab in "Toy, Ernst William Rogers". That's all.