Music theory treatise uploaded with false author

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

porporina4052
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Music theory treatise uploaded with false author

Post by porporina4052 »

Hello!

I'm new in IMSLP and just found out an error in the attribution of author of a music theory treatise from 1764 (Traité des accords et de leur succession selon le système de la Basse-Fondamentale) which is falsely attributed in IMSLP to Jean-Philippe Rameau whereas it was written by Pierre-Joseph Roussier.
Is it possible to correct it whithout creating a new page? If yes, how can I do this?

Thanks!
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Music theory treatise uploaded with false author

Post by Sallen112 »

Ok I see the file doesn't mention who wrote this, besides an acknowledgement of page 4 abbreviated with "R***" but according to some sites I did a quick search, you are right it was written by Pierre-Joseph Roussier, can you explain why this is written by him?
porporina4052

Re: Music theory treatise uploaded with false author

Post by porporina4052 »

I discovered it also by a quick search on some websites but also there are lot of research sources as well as contemporary sources which quotes or refer to this treatise and attribute it to him. As well, it is never refered to as Rameau's in most recent research or publications about Rameau. See also Richard Osborne's Dissertation about Pierre-Joseph Roussier for example or Fuzeau..
I think also it is published as a Fac Simile by a French editor recently...