Bobrowicz, Jan Nepomucen Composer Page contains incorrect image

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Turt1eback
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Bobrowicz, Jan Nepomucen Composer Page contains incorrect image

Post by Turt1eback »

The composer page for Jan Nepomucen Bobrowicz contains in image that is actually a portrait of the French novelist & poet Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly.

This is the image on the composer page.

and this is Émile Lévy's, Portrait of Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly, 1882.

Émile Lévy's portrait is well accepted as a portrait of Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly. Numerous sources describe the image as Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly, and other images and artworks of M. d'Aurevilly share his likeness. Conversely, only one source I found claims this image to be of J.N. Bobrowicz (https://sheetmusicdownloadfree.com/clas ... nepomucen/). This source provides no information on the image. If my argument compels you to, please remove the image from Bobrowicz's composer page.
Eric
active poster

Re: Bobrowicz, Jan Nepomucen Composer Page contains incorrect image

Post by Eric »

I can see how that could be a problem. Not wanting to be my usual rash self, is there any agreement?
Turt1eback

Re: Bobrowicz, Jan Nepomucen Composer Page contains incorrect image

Post by Turt1eback »

Eric wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:16 pm I can see how that could be a problem. Not wanting to be my usual rash self, is there any agreement?
I found out that I can edit the composer page directly, so I removed it myself. Someone is welcome to add another image if they can provide a good source, but, from my research, it doesn't seem like a picture of J.N. Bobrowicz has been found.