No longer possible to add music or pdf to tagged pages?

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

No longer possible to add music or pdf to tagged pages?

Post by Eric »

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I just created a workpage, tagged it, and now I can't add a pdf to it. I don't know if the tagging made a difference- I'll have to go back and try again without tagging (if you aren't receiving many complaints about this, then only tag-team Librarians like me will be affected at first) but the links for adding a PDF score file or music recording to the page seem to be gone. (Or moved elsewhere and I just don't know where it is?) I notice the new compactness of the tagging (etc. etc. click here to see two more tags) and suspect that that could be somehow related but have no idea how.

Using Google Chrome on a desktop Mac with OS 10.7.3.
imslp
Site Admin

Re: No longer possible to add music or pdf to tagged pages?

Post by imslp »

There should be two buttons on the upper right corner of the page (on the same line as the page title). Tell me if you don't see them.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Hrm. The page is this one and I don't think I do. Could I have simply disabled something by entering a square bracket where I meant to enter a squiggly one, or something? ... ...
Eric
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Could there be skins under which these do and don't work? I've tried Cologne Blue (my preferred) under Chrome and Safari (on my Mac) and then switched back to "Classic" on Safari, but no joy.

Not with (Classic skin on) Firefox 7.0.1, either.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

You are right; you need to use the Vector skin in order to get the buttons. However, I have fixed this bug in my offline version of the code, and hopefully it will be fixed online in a few days, so you can return to using Cologne Blue if you want at that time :)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Thanks- will change skin and upload :D Hrm. I'm still a little surprised I'm the only Mac editor who wasn't already using Vector (well, ok, that doesn't follow. I still always expect to see a few other complaints if it's not just my computer causing the trouble. Though I see threads about what seem to be similar issues. I think I'm going to like the result once the twists are gotten out tho', this new design is looking good, and I like the new upload interface at first look. Thanks again.)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

The Vector skin has one disadvantage for admins though- no "move page" feature (or is there)?.

Well, that can be gotten around the old-fashioned way... (never mind, forgot to look at the dropdown next to history, which answers several of my questions. :) )