Errors on the Pettoletti and Aguado pages

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Frank Nordberg
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Errors on the Pettoletti and Aguado pages

Post by Frank Nordberg »

Noticed two errors:

On Pietro Pettoletti's page (http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Pettoletti,_Pietro) the work listed as opus 3 is not by him but by his brother Joachim.

On the Dionisio Aguado opus 6 page (http://imslp.org/wiki/Nuevo_m%C3%A9todo ... ionisio%29) the complete edition file is actually a scan of a completely different work. (Btw, does anybody know if a copy of the real op. 6 by Aguado is available anywhere? Chanterelle didn't bother to include it in their so-called "complete" edition and I can't find it anywhere on the web)
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Errors on the Pettoletti and Aguado pages

Post by cypressdome »

Thanks for catching the Pettoletti issue. I've moved the page to the proper composer.

I'm not sure about the Aguado issue. The score on Nuevo método de guitarra, Op.6 does identify itself as the new method but not specifically as Opus 6. There is also a Méthode complète pour la guitare. Someone more knowledgeable on this subject than I will have to work this problem out.

As for copies of Aguado's Method you may want to check out the Biblioteca Digital Hispánica. There are 14 digitized scores/methods by Aguado. Please be aware that any scores from the Biblioteca Digital Hispánica must have the bogus copyright notice in the footer removed before they may be uploaded to IMSLP.

Thanks,
Cypressdome
Frank Nordberg

Post by Frank Nordberg »

cypressdome wrote:Someone more knowledgeable on this subject than I will have to work this problem out.
There's a rather longish article by Brian Jeffrey on the subject of the three different guitar methods Aguado wrote and the confusion between them:
http://www.tecla.com/extras/0001/0011/0011intro.htm
There is certainly one method by Aguado we don't have here at IMSLP yet and judging by Jeffrey's description it's the one originally published as opus 6.
cypressdome wrote:As for copies of Aguado's Method you may want to check out the Biblioteca Digital Hispánica. There are 14 digitized scores/methods by Aguado.
Thanks. Unfortunately they are all copies of the two books already posted at IMSLP.
cypressdome wrote:Please be aware that any scores from the Biblioteca Digital Hispánica must have the bogus copyright notice in the footer removed before they may be uploaded to IMSLP.
Ah, so it's bogus? I've actually been wondering about that! :wink:

But even so, personally I'd rather not repost files from there or from Huddersfield. Scanning books takes quite a lot of work and regardless of the legal issue, these two libraries clearly want to keep those files to themselves. But that's my personal opinion. What others choose to do is none of my business.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Thanks for the link to the Jeffrey article. I'll look through it and see what can be done with the issue of Aguado's methods on IMSLP.

Thanks,
Cypressdome
Weed

Post by Weed »

Frank Nordberg wrote:(Btw, does anybody know if a copy of the real op. 6 by Aguado is available anywhere? Chanterelle didn't bother to include it in their so-called "complete" edition and I can't find it anywhere on the web)
i too have been looking for a "real" Op 6 -- i read somewhere that it was included in Chanterelle Volume 1? but haven't been able to verify it, cos this volume is the one that's hard to get hold of -- however, Donald Souter mentions that the "Escuela de Guitarra" (1825) isn't included -- (he provides a wonderful index to Chanterelle, using key/time sigs and first notes, but unfortunately only gives page numbers, not names of pieces, and his link to "Table of Contents" also goes to his index)
Weed

Post by Weed »

i have had it confirmed that Aguado's Op 6 is included in Volume 1 of "Complete Guitar Works of Dionisio Aguado" (Chanterelle) -- now to try and get hold of a copy!