St. George Tucker: Ave Verum.

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

M.J.E.
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

St. George Tucker: Ave Verum.

Post by M.J.E. »

Hallo.

I've been looking at piano music by a composer I'd never come across before finding her on this site - Tui St. George Tucker, who appears to have written some very unusual music indeed.
     In "Ave Verum", vol. 1, on p. 6, most of the music on that page is obscured, leaving only a thin strip at the left margin - it appears to have been caused by the page folding over double while it was being photocopied or scanned. Would anyone be able to fix this, please? It makes it impossible to play the entire piece, so I hope the person who maintains St. George Tucker's page notices this, and can fix it.
     Thank you.

Regards, Michael.

P.S.:
     I've just been to the composer's own web site, and seen that scores are available there, too. There, too, the copy of vol. 1 of "Ave Verum" has the same problem. It appears, in fact, to be the very same .pdf file that is on this site.
     That's not looking good - might it mean that that is the only copy of the score in existence, short of locating the composer's own manuscript and re-scanning? I'd expect the official web site to use the best copy available.
jossuk
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: St. George Tucker: Ave Verum.

Post by jossuk »

The composer's site has contact info: e-mail, phone, etc. Also, the mis-scanned page looks to be page 5, although it is indeed the 6th page of the PDF.
It would be good to hear what luck you had in contacting the individual listed.