Vivaldi RV 85

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Andrew R
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Vivaldi RV 85

Post by Andrew R »

correction needed (IMO)

You have Vivaldi RV 85 as the sonata in C. (Violin, lute, and bass). My list has that sonata as RV 82, with the Gm trio RV 85.
(It would be good to have the Gm up there.)

http://imslp.org/wiki/Trio_Sonata_in_C_ ... Antonio%29
steltz
active poster

Re: Vivaldi RV 85

Post by steltz »

Grove Music lists RV 85 as a Trio Sonata in G minor for violin, lute and continuo. They list RV 82 as a Trio Sonata in C Major for violin, lute and continuo, so you are right and the page needs to be changed. Before I do that, though, I would like you to check something -- I can't download the file, because Malipiero is still under copyright where I live. Which one is it -- in other words, do I change the page to RV 82, or the key to G minor?
bsteltz
Andrew R

Post by Andrew R »

The title page should read:
Trio Sonata in C major, RV 82 (Vivaldi, Antonio)
with whatever links you do

(It is the music of the C major trio that you have up there.)
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Done.
bsteltz
discophage

Post by discophage »

Hi, I was first a little disappointed not to find Vivaldi's Trio in G minor RV 85 for violin, lute and continuo in your list of scores. But then, looking at your score of RV 82 (another Trio for the same lineup), I realized that there it was, but coming unanounced and uncredited AFTER RV 82 on the same score: http://imslp.eu/Files/imglnks/euimg/c/c ... _75_ed.pdf

Look at pdf page 9, what is called, in Malipiero's edition, Trio in sol minore F XVI No. 4 is RV 85 alright.

It would be great if someone could cut that .pdf file in two and list RV 85 under its proper heading. Thanks!