Palestrina, Missa Iste Confessor

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Palestrina, Missa Iste Confessor

Post by steltz »

In tagging a work that was a movement from a larger work, I found the original work, but I have 2 questions:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Missa_Iste_Confes ... rluigi_da)

1. The file (in the Selections tab) marked "Hymnus Iste Confessor Modus VIII. (Gregorian Chant)" -- although Palestrina also wrote a hymn (5-voice) on "Iste Confessor", I can't tell whether this is 5-voice, or the original Gregorian chant on which the mass and the hymn was based. Either way, shouldn't this be on its own page with a link between the two? Even if this is Palestrina's, Grove Music lists the hymn separately from the mass.

2. The single Kyrie movement edited by Dörffel comes from a collection (''Musica Sacra'', Bd.1) that has been gradually uploaded over the last several days, with apparently no page for the full collection. Anyone looking for the Kyrie that was in that collection will have to go through every mass to find which one has a Dörffel edition of a Kyrie. Should there not be a page for ''Musica Sacra'' page that lists the works and gives links?
bsteltz
jossuk
active poster

Re: Palestrina, Missa Iste Confessor

Post by jossuk »

The item you indicate (#1) looks to be the Gregorian chant only.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

There should be a ''Musica sacra'' collection page, but only if you copy some of the files uploaded as singles by Artaxerxes to it. (We should avoid empty pages). Then you can put in all the links, etc. There were 2 volumes, by the way.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

When I get a chance, I'll work on that.
bsteltz