Page does not exist error

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

David Campbell
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Page does not exist error

Post by David Campbell »

I'm getting a page does not exist error when attempting to upload a file to this page:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Scherzo_on_%27In_ ... ck_Handel)

This is apparently a result of the system issues from last night. Could someone look into this? Thanks.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: Page does not exist error

Post by Notenschreiber »

Has this to do with the lacking bracket on the right hand side of the url ?
David Campbell
active poster

Post by David Campbell »

Notenschreiber wrote:Has this to do with the lacking bracket on the right hand side of the url ?

No, it doesn't. (The system doesn't allow a closing bracket in a link. You'll need to add it to load the page.) When I attempt to upload a file, this is what appears in the uneditable workpage field:

Scherzo on 'In dulci jubilo' #Candlyn, Thomas Frederick Handel#

The brackets are replaced with number signs. The field cannot be edited. Can this be fixed? Thanks.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

I was just able to add a file to the page. Perhaps, you can try again now.
David Campbell
active poster

Post by David Campbell »

cypressdome wrote:I was just able to add a file to the page. Perhaps, you can try again now.
Thanks for your time. It still doesn’t work for me. When the add files page loads it lights up IE with a cross-site scripting error message. I then went through the upload process--the file appears to upload but when finished gives the following error:

Fatal Error: Nonexistant page

The number signs in place of the brackets still appear in the workpage field on the add file page.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Weird. I've now successfully uploaded files to the page in both IE 11 and Firefox 34. Why don't you create a new work page under Candlyn's category for the Scherzo but don't include the single quotation marks. Then, see if you can upload the score to that page. If that works I'll do the necessary redirecting afterwards to include the single quotation marks in the work page name.
David Campbell
active poster

Post by David Campbell »

cypressdome wrote:Weird. I've now successfully uploaded files to the page in both IE 11 and Firefox 34. Why don't you create a new work page under Candlyn's category for the Scherzo but don't include the single quotation marks. Then, see if you can upload the score to that page. If that works I'll do the necessary redirecting afterwards to include the single quotation marks in the work page name.
Done and done. FWIW I'm using IE 8. Thanks for your help.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

IE 8? Wow, that's nearly six years old now. Perhaps it didn't like dealing with those single quotation marks after all. Anyway, I see Carolus has moved the page (I got called away before I could do so) now.