Corrupted zip download of sheet music parts and corrupted (?) files

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

charlie1939
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Corrupted zip download of sheet music parts and corrupted (?) files

Post by charlie1939 »

I was trying to download the 14 part ZIP file for the Prokofiev Piano Concerto #1 "IMSLP Batch-Starting with #19612.zip" and all I received was a message on my computer saying it could not be read and to contact the server administrator. After trying this several times, I gave up...

Then when I tried to download the individual parts for flute and oboe there were problems. The oboe part appeared to download, but when opened in Foxit Reader only a portion of the first page opened and the rest was blank. The flute part never got that far, the message when I tried to open it was that the file was either not a PDF or corrupted. As with the ZIP file fiasco, I tried downloading the parts several times and then gave up in order to write this request for help... If more info is needed, write to me and I can explain more.

BTW, I was able to download the conductor's 88 page score...
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Corrupted zip download of sheet music parts and corrupted (?) files

Post by Choralia »

No problem here, neither with the large ZIP file nor with the small flute and oboe parts. Suggestion: right-click the links and select "save target as..." or "save object as..." or "save link as..." (this depends on your browser), so that files are saved to your computer rather than opened inside your browser. This usually solves most download problems, especially when files are relatively large and the available bandwidth (either server or client side) is not huge.

Max