Emilie Mayer String Quartet e-minor: Upload of improved parts. Shouldn't the old versions be deleted to save storage?

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

azumbrunn
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Emilie Mayer String Quartet e-minor: Upload of improved parts. Shouldn't the old versions be deleted to save storage?

Post by azumbrunn »

I just uploaded a newly formatted set of parts for my typeset of this quartet. These parts don't have any impossible page turns the way the previous set had (by making the scale 10% lower and the margins smaller). In addition they have much smaller file sizes with equal print quality.

It seems wasteful to me to keep all the old versions stored. In some cases there may be a genuine interest in following the history of a post. In this case though (and I suspect the situation is generally similar in typesets) the first version I uploaded contained some typos which were corrected in the second set. This third set now has improved formatting and smaller file sizes (Musescore produces huge Pdf files when used on MacOS and I finally found a satisfactory work around).
coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Emilie Mayer String Quartet e-minor: Upload of improved parts. Shouldn't the old versions be deleted to save stora

Post by coulonnus »

It is less time wasteful for us if you provide the URL: http://imslp.org/wiki/String_Quartet_in ... r,_Emilie) :-)