Errors in Internet Archives

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Errors in Internet Archives

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

I have come across some factual errors in the files taken from the Internet Archives. I have seen the work by Gervais-François Couperin (1759 - 1826) attributed to François Couperin (1668 -1733). I have come across the work by Lucile Grétry,the daughter of André Ernest Modeste Grétry attributed to the father.
Yesterday I have uploaded Andantino by Giacomo Gotifredo Ferrari on the work page of Gustave Ferrari because the Internet Archives attributed the work to him. Luckily, the error was spotted by Carolus, who moved the file to the correct composer's work page. I want to say that we need to be vigilant with the facts given by the Internet Archives. Do not they have the administrators like Sallen, Steltz to make sure that the facts are correct? I want to say that IMSPL is very lucky to have an excellent chief copyright reviewer in Carolus and admins like Sallen and Cypressdome who make sure that all the uploads are done correctly.
Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Errors in Internet Archives

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

I just want to add that Carolus got the right composer although the publisher did not give the full name but as by Mr Ferrari, and the Internet archives gave the wrong composer .