Marguérite douleureuse au rouet (no. 2),Op.26 (Zabel, Albert) ‎

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Marguérite douleureuse au rouet (no. 2),Op.26 (Zabel, Albert) ‎

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

I have uploaded the above piece and the admin has changed the title to '2 pieces, Op.26' . Initially looking at the title, I thought also that there must be 2 pieces in this Opus. Although the title is misleading, there is actually 1 piece for this Op. which is Marguérite douleureuse au rouet ( no 2). It was called no. 2 because he has already written Marguérite au rouet , Op.19, which I have also uploaded today. So the title should be changed back from '2 pieces, Op.26' to 'Marguérite douleureuse au rouet (no. 2),Op.26 '
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Marguérite douleureuse au rouet (no. 2),Op.26 (Zabel, Albert) ‎

Post by Davydov »

Different titles, different opus numbers, so no need for the confusing "(No. 2)" in the page title, even if it appears in the score. I've moved it to ""Marguérite douleureuse au rouet, Op.26 (Zabel, Albert)"
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Re: Marguérite douleureuse au rouet (no. 2),Op.26 (Zabel, Albert) ‎

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Thanks Davydov. I agree that no 2 in the title is misleading. (thankfully,at least it was not Op.26, No.2)The titles debatably can be regarded the same 'Marguérite au rouet' for Op.19 and for Op.26just added douleureuse after Marguérite. Just 2 ways of saying in French ' Gretchen am Spinrad' of Goethe.