Wrong composer's work on the workpage

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Wrong composer's work on the workpage

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

This morning I have created a work page for Tiny Béon and uploaded 6 of his harp arrangements. When I looked at the workpage for Tiny Béon , in addition to the 6 arrangemants I have uploaded, Inexplicably I found Maïmouna by Alexandre Béon, and Tiny Béon was shown as the librettist for Alexandre Béon's Maïmouna in French !! ( maybe Tiny Béon is not even French , because I could not find any detail of him on the internet.)
bicinium
active poster

Re: Wrong composer's work on the workpage

Post by bicinium »

Link to the work page for reference:
http://imslp.org/wiki/Ma%C3%AFmouna_(B% ... Alexandre)

The publication credits 'Madame Tiny Béon' and one other person for the ballet. It could be two different Tiny Béons, although neither 'Tiny' nor 'Béon' seems like a German name, and I'd be very surprised if there were any french-speaking men named 'Tiny'. Are you sure that your harp arranger is male?
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Re: Wrong composer's work on the workpage

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Thank you for clearing up this matter for me. I totally missed that the librettist was 'Madame Tiny Béon', because the composer of Maïmouna was Alexandre Béon I assumed wrongly that she was the librettist as well and I overlooked Madame Tiny Béon as a librettist. With the same uncommon first French name and the same time period, they must be the same person. Since all of the titles of the harp arrangements were in French (translated from original German), and the publisher was Louis Rouhier of Paris, Tiny Béon must be French, and must be the same as Madame Tiny Béon.