New Contributor Issues #481694

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

RPWilkens
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

New Contributor Issues #481694

Post by RPWilkens »

Hi, I'm new to contributing to IMSLP. I recently uploaded a choral score of Handel's Messiah, #481694. There are two issues I wonder if someone could help me resolve:

1. This is a score with CHORUSES ONLY, rather than a complete vocal score (though texts and transitional cues of the recitatives and arias are included). That should be noted in the title, so that people understand it is not a complete vocal score.

2. Because I'm new and stupid, I inadvertently deleted the discussion thread for this score. I had only intended to delete the question I had posted there—because it had already been addressed when my contribution was accepted. Can someone restore the discussion thread in case anyone wants to comment?

Thanks so much!

Randall Wilkens
Sallen112
active poster

Re: New Contributor Issues #481694

Post by Sallen112 »

Your score you uploaded to that page, is still a vocal score because of the accompaniment but I must have mistakenly put it under the level 4 "Complete" tab because your score doesn't have all movements, I moved it under "Selections".

As for retrieving a deleted thread, unfortunately this is not possible to do, you would have to remake the thread again.
RPWilkens

Post by RPWilkens »

Thank you for moving my score to "Selections." That's just the right place for it.

How do I remake the thread? I didn't create the first one, but only commented on the one that was already there.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

The gear on the right side of the file stack of the workpage, then "discuss this file".
RPWilkens

Post by RPWilkens »

Herein lies the problem. When I use the gear on the right side and then select "discuss this file" I get this message:

Thread not found
Thread does not exist or was already deleted - go back to Overview.

I only wanted to delete my comment. I didn't think I was going to delete the entire discussion function for my score.
RPWilkens

Post by RPWilkens »

I wonder if someone could help me with my last question. On #481694 the "discuss this file" link leads to this message: "Thread not found - Thread does not exist or was already deleted - go back to Overview." It's really important that people have a way to comment on my score, so that if there are any corrections I need to make people will be able to let me know. Thanks for your help.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

Did you remake the thread?
RPWilkens

Post by RPWilkens »

Sallen112 wrote:Did you remake the thread?
No. How do I do that?
Hobbypianist
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Hobbypianist »

Hello,

it seems that the link to a post is kept somehow internally even if the thread itself gets deleted.
Anyway, I've manually created a new thread (with file number #481694) which is now linked to the "Discuss this file" feature.
Now people can add their comments there if they want.

HP
RPWilkens

Post by RPWilkens »

Hobbypianist wrote:Hello,

it seems that the link to a post is kept somehow internally even if the thread itself gets deleted.
Anyway, I've manually created a new thread (with file number #481694) which is now linked to the "Discuss this file" feature.
Now people can add their comments there if they want.

HP
Thank you so much!