Automatic music theme search.

Moderator: kcleung

Enrique
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Automatic music theme search.

Post by Enrique »

Hi: A couple of years ago in this site an embedded application existed which allowed to find the author and piece name by entering a theme on a keyboard drawn on the screen. By clicking on the keys in some rudimentary way you had the music piece printed (on the screen) and then by pressing a button an engine search for the music. It output a lot of composer names and, some times you were happy enough to know who wrote that piece of music so many times rounding your head. After this long introduction, I would like to know if the mentioned device can still be accessed though IMSLP. That's all.
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Automatic music theme search.

Post by coulonnus »

If you "switch back to classic skin" (very bottom of the imslp page) you see in the left column: Browse score, by Melody, but the interface has changed.

You can also go directly to http://www.peachnote.com/
Enrique

Post by Enrique »

Thank you coulonnus, I used the keyboard in the link, but it doesn't respond to the mouse. Maybe the fault is mine, but I have Javascript enabled and working, though accessing through IMSLP it warns 'Error: Javascript must be enabled'. Anyway, is it possible to choose time values, say the theme uses crochets and quavers?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Do you have another browser? Often site developers make a version that works with their browser by chance but fails with another browser.

I am not aware of time value inputs.