advice needed.

Moderator: kcleung

lultimanotte
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

advice needed.

Post by lultimanotte »

hello i am new here. i love this project. it is awesome.

anyone ever audition before? maybe i should not ask. i am nervous since i have to memorize all of my pieces.

anyone know of a ten minute piano piece i can work on? this is required for the audition. one that i am working on now just for enjoyment is only 8-9 minutes. i am not sure if they would accept that.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot2: Human

Re: advice needed.

Post by KGill »

One thing I can tell you is that unless they're absolutely horrible, they won't care if it's a minute or so short. Ten minutes is just a general guideline. I've often been told I had 15 minutes for an audition, and it turned out that no more than 5-6 of those were spent playing the piece I learned (they sometimes stop you short). The rest was taken up by talking and sight-reading. Of course, by the tone of your post I'm assuming you're auditioning for something a little more consequential than I have (I play seriously but am not interested in a performance degree or anything), but even so, if they're that particular then you probably don't want to get in there anyway :wink: And you could always play it slowly...
lultimanotte
notabot2: Bot

Post by lultimanotte »

you made a point that i took into consideration. we shall see what happens :) and thank you for your reply. i was thinking that i wouldnt get a reply for a week.
pianogirl23
regular poster
notabot2: Human

Post by pianogirl23 »

Liszt's La Leggeriezza from the 3 Concert Etudes is 10 minutes long
"...Love, love, love that is the soul of a genius..."
~ WA Mozart