Danse Macabre Saint-Saens

Moderator: kcleung

Shiruki

Danse Macabre Saint-Saens

Post by Shiruki »

i have been looking fo this score for ages. i was woundering if anybody might have it, or know where to obtain it. thank you.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Well... there's a piano reduction by Liszt on IMSLP. Otherwise we don't know where to obtain it; if we did it would be on IMSLP already.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

If you go to the IMSLP page, you'll now see a publication history for the piece. It should be fairly easy to obtain a copy in most versions. The Liszt transcription is something of a rarity, BTW.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Carolus wrote:If you go to the IMSLP page, you'll now see a publication history for the piece. It should be fairly easy to obtain a copy in most versions. The Liszt transcription is something of a rarity, BTW.
Somewhere I read that Leslie Howard (who recorded all Liszt's works) will be publishing the Liszt complete edition somewhere in the near future...
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by goldberg988 »

Something of a rarity, really? Dover currently publishes the transcription by Liszt.

Why would Leslie Howard put out a complete edition? The one that Editio Musica Budapest puts out is almost complete as regards the piano music (there is only one volume yet to be published). Who knows if they'll ever finish it.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I didn't realize that it was included in one of the Dover collections, Goldberg. I stand corrected about its rarity. Did they reprint the Durand, or the German issue (which I think might be different engraving - though it can be hard to tell from library listings)? At any rate, yes the EMB series has been around for some time apart from the final volume. Who is Leslie Howard planning to published his ed. with?
Jay

Re:

Post by Jay »

goldberg988 wrote:Something of a rarity, really? Dover currently publishes the transcription by Liszt.

Why would Leslie Howard put out a complete edition? The one that Editio Musica Budapest puts out is almost complete as regards the piano music (there is only one volume yet to be published). Who knows if they'll ever finish it.

Kalmus also has the Liszt Transcription. *cough* I had to buy a copy ( this was during my pre-internet days ) - It's Not easy to play * blushing*