Post by Eric »

Anyone here formerly use Worldcat?
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Worldcat

Post by Choralia »

I use it quite frequently. Any problems?

Max
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Well, today, it's been requiring me to prove I'm not a bot, at length and with great difficulty. I believe I know why, maybe, though I wonder if this has been happening to anyone else.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

It did the same with me few days ago, however without boring me very much, if I correctly remember. It didn't today.

Max
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

still doing so for me to the point where I'm using it in browser incognito mode instead...
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

If I may modify the topic a little, why do some libraries adhere to Worldcat and others don't?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

even some of those that are mirrored (?) by Worldcat are only approximately , in different ways, partially, etc. This is one of those great mysteries, along with the nature of the OCLC number and why, oh, for example, when you click "view all formats and languages" on Worldcat for one of Villa-Lobos' quartets you get a list containing practically all of them (and if you make an interloan request for one of them you may not get the one you want :) . Have had such things happen to me.)

(Then again, Worldcat is being much nicer to me today. At some point it may treat me like a bot again, of course... and I don't mean one of IM Banks' snarky drones. I only wish I had their sense of humor...)