Margaret Ruthven Lang Op.52 "Night of the Star" cycle

Requests for works who died less than 50 years ago and were first published more than 95 years ago.

Moderators: Carolus, Sallen112, cypressdome, Copyright Reviewers

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Margaret Ruthven Lang Op.52 "Night of the Star" cycle

Post by Eric »

Just created a (imperfect - pages are tilted- but better than my usual, and B&W) scan of MR Lang's Op.52 Christmas Cycle, published 1913 by Ditson. (Words by Denis A. McCarthy, 1871-1931.) I regret to say I've forgotten how to unlock the composer category if I ever knew, so I'm requesting some help creating a new workpage ("The Night of the Star, Op.52") in the locked category...
Eric

Image of part of first page with copyright notice
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Margaret Ruthven Lang Op.52 "Night of the Star" cycle

Post by Sallen112 »

Ok I have unlocked it, however, your not going to upload that as the first page right? Because the page is cut off and were trying to strive for better quality scans on here (plus the pages need to be flattened as well).
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I will give it another go, but neither of my scanning techniques has really passed muster. This, Genius Scan, requires me to hurry lest it mistake my arm for the next page while I'm doing a rapid pageturn, and you've probably seen the issue with my previous scans from similarly rigid-but-not-belonging-to-me (and therefore not really flattenable) sources. Another option, of course, is obviously just for me to return it to Buffalo & Erie County Library, give up, return to editing and occasional attempts at typesetting, and encourage someone with better equipment to borrow the score and do a better job of it at some point in the future.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I have what I think is a better scan of the first two movements to upload and am working on the rest.
All 4 movements uploaded.