ABout MP3 Downloading

Moderator: kcleung

Did you use MP3 Search engine,to find music ?

Yes, always !
13%
No way, pirates must die !
25%
From time to time.
38%
What are you talking about ?
13%
I don't know
13%

Total votes: 16

MuzickaGooroo
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

ABout MP3 Downloading

Post by MuzickaGooroo »

Yo!

I'm just a newbie here, so please dont be angry on me, looks like you are all normal guys here,
So I would like you to ask, where did you donwload all of this MP3 files ? I tried several websites like
[EDIT: removed attack sites --Leonard Vertighel] they
are quite good, but maybe you can recommend me some other sites for it ?

Thank you in advance for you help !
Asta La Vista
Last edited by MuzickaGooroo on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sphemusator
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Vintage recordings as MP3s

Post by Sphemusator »

In the past I have relied heavily on the Karadar / CoCoA site as a source of vintage recordings in MP3 format.

However, towards the end of 2005, CoCoA announced a major redesign, and launched a redesign forum to seek the opinions of site users. Since then it has been almost impossible to contact the CoCoA staff, and there have been no progress updates since 2006. I am afraid the redesign process seems to have stalled. :cry:

While the CoCoA site remains available, access is very shaky and the site itself is quite complex to navigate, requiring the user to build a compilation of selected recordings before proceeding to another site to download the compilation. Since many of the recordings are more than 3MB long, and the final download server is quite slow, downloading can take several days and repeated sessions. And download resume is not supported, so an interrupted download must be restarted from zero.
Promoting the music of James Butt, f.i.a.l.
http://sphemusations.tripod.com/

And my own work
http://kittybriton.deviantart.com/gallery/

Now open: Kittybriton's Muddlery
http://kittybriton.etsy.com/
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES

Post by Yagan Kiely »

www.classicalcat.com
www.mozart-archiv.de

But mostly I get my music from CDs in my library at uni. At the rare occasion that I just simply cannot find a the recording I want or a piece I want I will be forced to d/l it, but I avoid that at all costs.
silverangel

stuff

Post by silverangel »

i mostly get it from cds. i am a law-abiding citizen! :lol: as we all are.
matthew
forum adept

Post by matthew »

don't forget that a lot of downloading sites are acually legal, i often use the CoCoA site and www.classiccat.net
I think that most of the illegal music comes from p2p transfers (limewire torents etc) which are infinitely harder to track down and stop than a website is.

But generally i don't worry too much about these things and download them if i can find them or just go out and buy the CD if i really want something.
Argerich

Post by Argerich »

Hello everyone!There is another great site for mp3 classical music downloads!Performances are realy historic,sutch as Horovitsz,Rachmaninov,Argerich... Link:www.chubrik.ru
Salute!
p.s. That`s a russian site with cyrillic fonts!
silverangel

Post by silverangel »

ooh, i heard of chubrik. my friend says that it's really, really good.
though it's in russian.