The Digital Mozart Edition

Moderator: kcleung

Jawher MATMATI
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: The Digital Mozart Edition

Post by Jawher MATMATI »

Hi PML!
I want to be part of "The Digital Mozart Edition" project!
What should I do?

Jawher MATMATI
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: The Digital Mozart Edition

Post by pml »

Hello all,

as you may have noticed in the last few days, there is now an affiliated but otherwise unconnected IMSLP·EU server now available, which is able to host scores that are in the public domain in both Canada and the European Union, although under copyright in the US.

As a result, many of the volumes of the Neue Mozart-Ausgabe which might be uploaded to IMSLP, would also benefit from not being blocked from download, as a result of being hosted on a server in the Netherlands as opposed to the United States.

This is a developing situation so I expect that it will very shortly become possible to re-activate the NMA Incorporation project, which had previously been placed “on hold”. Please don’t get a rush of blood and start throwing stuff up - since all of the material is available at the Mozarteum web site, the project should also include an overhaul of the Mozart pages, including breakdowns of movements, and some attempt at documentation of various matters relating to the composition.

It isn’t necessary to download any pages from the Mozarteum site at present – I have a complete set of the 113 volumes available for download from there, however these are all “watermarked” with the International Stiftung Mozarteum, and if it’s necessary to remove this then there will probably need to be some pre-processing.

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)