Finding music

Moderator: kcleung

Ensamble52
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Ensamble52 »

Carolus wrote:I realize that I'm being technical here, but it is actually PD. You can't include EveryNote's logo in the scan because it's a trademark violation. Canadian copyright law does not recognize a mere scan of a public domain item (the Sarasate original) as a new copyrighted computer file.
Ok. I dont remember where I got this. Should I remove it?
matthew
forum adept

Post by matthew »

You must've got it, directly or otherwise, from www.everynote.com and i think that the EveryNote logo would need taking out of the file, it might be wise to remove the copyright notice (even if it's not valid) and web adresses as well.
Ensamble52

Post by Ensamble52 »

matthew wrote:You must've got it, directly or otherwise, from www.everynote.com and i think that the EveryNote logo would need taking out of the file, it might be wise to remove the copyright notice (even if it's not valid) and web adresses as well.
Well, I don´t know how to do it. I'll learn it later.
Meanwhile I have removed it.
matthew
forum adept

Post by matthew »

You need a pdf editor to change it, the best one around is adobe acrobat (not reader) which costs an arm and a leg, i don't know of any free ones, but there must be some somewhere.
Ensamble52

Post by Ensamble52 »

matthew wrote:You need a pdf editor to change it, the best one around is adobe acrobat (not reader) which costs an arm and a leg, i don't know of any free ones, but there must be some somewhere.
I have Acrobat Professional 6.0.2 for Mac. But don´t know how to edit (that, remove a graphic or an element on a document)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hmm... I know that you can just tell Acrobat to extract all the images, remove the logos with another program, and remake it into a PDF file, but I'm guessing there is a easier way in Acrobat itself. But unfortunately I'm not an Acrobat user :/
Ensamble52

Post by Ensamble52 »

ok. I found that the file has security protection against any change....well, Im not specially interesed to be a cracker :D so, I guess i can share any other file(s). I have a really hugue amount. And many of them are my typesets....
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually, I believe you can legally remove the lock if the file is public domain (since the file has no copyright anyway). And it's simple too. See here:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Locked_PDFs

Anyway, it's your call :)
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

Judith, if you're still looking for music for flute + violin + viola, have a look at the Free-Scores website.

They have just posted 6 "Pieces en Trio" by Marin Marais for that combination.

http://www.free-scores.com/Download-PDF ... Marais.htm

aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Judith

Post by Judith »

Hey Aldona - thank you so much for alerting me to this music. Judith
Arturo

Post by Arturo »

Thanks the God, I registered on the Forum fortunately!

I can help with breaking passwords and editing PDF's! :D
I've unlocked uploaded today 4 pieces of Gigogut faster than you spell IMSLP :twisted:
So If you need help with fast deleting "CD Sh*t Music" logo, let me know 8)
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

That's good news, Arturo. Mcroskell has also volunteered to strip logos, etc. from PDFs that are uploaded. If it's OK with you, I'll contact you whenever there are files uploaded with the offending logos (a few of which I had to delete recently).

That way, instead of deleting them because of potential trademark violations, I can just mark them for copyright review and send you or Mcroskell a notice. Once, they've been cleaned up, they can be moved to "verified" or "checked" status and made available to anyone who wishes to download. The three companies who put the logos all over are CD Sheet Music, Everynote and Elibron. I'm thinking about asking Fedmahler if he could set up an FTP where we can upload locked PDFs with logos that you and Mcroskell can then download at your convenience for processing.