Favorite Climaxes

Moderator: kcleung

allegroamabile
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Favorite Climaxes

Post by allegroamabile »

Gesamtkunstwerk wrote:Oh, and Il Pini di Villa Appia...drool!!
I love that one too. Just imagine the Roman army marching in full force after conquering a land like Gaul or Britain! :)
sbeckmesser
active poster

Post by sbeckmesser »

allegroamabile wrote: I love that one too. Just imagine the Roman army marching in full force after conquering a land like Gaul or Britain! :)
IMSLP est omnis divisa in partes tres.

1. free scores
2. temporarily blocked scores
3. scores that even Julius Caesar and his Legions couldn't get their hot Roman hands on.

--Sixtus
ZacPB189
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by ZacPB189 »

...almost forgot! Richard Strauss's Solome has the most amazing show-biz climax at the end :mrgreen: .
ZacPB189

Tr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:)
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

The climatic section towards the end of the first movement in Sibelius's Symphony No. 2 is very moving. He takes the somber second theme of the piece and alters it by transforming it into a majestic, triumphant brass fanfare.
sbeckmesser
active poster

Post by sbeckmesser »

ZacPB189 wrote: Richard Strauss's Solome has the most amazing show-biz climax at the end :mrgreen: .
Do you mean the very end, where she get crushed (the squealing woodwinds at 362 are inspired) or the preceding multi-peak climax of the scene with the head (I like the famous grinding chord a half measure before 361, though the ultimate climax of the vocal line is a few bars before this)?

--Sixtus
ZacPB189
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by ZacPB189 »

sbeckmesser wrote:
ZacPB189 wrote: Richard Strauss's Solome has the most amazing show-biz climax at the end :mrgreen: .
Do you mean the very end, where she get crushed (the squealing woodwinds at 362 are inspired) or the preceding multi-peak climax of the scene with the head (I like the famous grinding chord a half measure before 361, though the ultimate climax of the vocal line is a few bars before this)?

--Sixtus
"*Crash!* Ich habe deinen MUND----- gekuesst" That's the climax, the shield crushing is more of a coda.
ZacPB189

Tr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:)
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

The unexpected climax in the first movement of An Alpine Symphony by Richard Strauss is amazing, especially since it relatively comes from nowhere. I love the addition of the snare drum Strauss adds to the orchestration, creating a fusillade of sound which carries us from the nighttime atmosphere to the majestic sunrise.
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

My favourite climax is in Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's "Marche Slave" in the introduction to the main theme.