Saint Saens Cello Concerto

Moderator: kcleung

edku
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Saint Saens Cello Concerto

Post by edku »

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and, while I have played violin/viola since I was 6 (I'm now 17), I have played mostly because my parents forced me to. However, as of this year, I have grown to LOVE classical music (mostly Romantic Era, Impressionist, and some Modern/Post-Modern). The piece that started all of this for me was the Saint Saens Cello Concerto, which we played in our high school orchestra to accompany some celloist from the Little Rock Orchestra.

I wish I could play this piece but I play viola. Does anyone know of any viola transcription for this concerto (btw, I'm starting to regret playing viola because while I get great concertos like the Walton Concerto and sweet sonatas, I don't get to play these awesome, new concertos that I am listening to like the Mendelssohn Concerto, Brahms Concerto, Tchaikovsky Concerto - they're all amazing!)

p.s. What song started the passion for classical music for you guys?

lmk thx and nice to meet you all!
dwil9798
active poster

Re: Saint Saens Cello Concerto

Post by dwil9798 »

Your Cello Concerto question is the topic for another form. As for your post-script, the piece that started my love for classical music was actually Schoenberg's opera Moses und Aron. Our music teacher played some excerpts for us one day in his class, and I fell in love with the sound world in which the piece existed. I soon read up more on Schoenberg, and on following the links I eventually discovered Tristan und Isolde and the music of Richard Wagner. The rest is history.