Problems with Downloading

Moderator: kcleung

Fidelio72

Problems with Downloading

Post by Fidelio72 »

On Firefox, when I click "Download" for ever score I attempt to download it brings me to a blank page and "done" appears in the bottom left hand corner of the browser. When I use IE, it just crashed the browser altogether. Thus, would anyone know how to fix my problems?
nerd011235

Post by nerd011235 »

I have a similar problem with downloading scores, however I noticed that this only happens for scores about #12000 and up. Is this the case for you? Also, I use IE7, not Firefox.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Do clicking "download" (when it works) save the file to disk, or open up Acrobat Reader inside the browser? Also, do all files #12000 and up have this problem, or a select few?

I've also received another report via e-mail of unspecified download problems, and I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. I have not had a problem myself, but I have once crashed IE7 when I tried to demo the site to a friend (haha), and it was Acrobat Reader that crashed. Restarting IE and redownloading the file went fine, even though everything else was the same.
Knittysong

Post by Knittysong »

I have also had this problem when trying to download some of the Mozart Violin sonatas (K305 and a few of the others- forget which ones) as well as some other music- I get a blank page on the adobe acrobat page. I tried to email the webmaster, but the message bounced back as well.

Help!!
Thanks.
Vivaldi
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Vivaldi »

Have you tried using download managers such as Flashget?
Knittysong

Post by Knittysong »

I switched my browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox and was able to download the Mozart sonatas. Thanks for your suggestion, Vivaldi!