A new site with digitized music

Moderator: kcleung

kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

A new site with digitized music

Post by kalliwoda »

Much of an important german manuscript collections seems soon to be online available:
The Donaueschingen manuscripts from the Fürstenbergische Hofbibliothek, now housed at Badische Landesbibliothek Karlsruhe, and also manuscripts from Badische Landesbibliothek itself (Molter!)

I found this using the "kvk" http://www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk.html. You can now use an option to limit the search to digitized scores.

Some drawbacks: This seems only to work in the german version, and many international catalogs are greyed out. Some libraries seem to list all of their music on CD as digitized holdings. And, finally, the catalog links already turn up weeks before the actual online ressources are ready.
So, there are now lots of hits (I searched for freetext "oboe") in the SWB (SouthWestGerman Union Catalog) including Symphonies by Rosetti, Krommer & Pleyel, lots of Harmoniemusik arrangments etc etc., unfortunately not a single link for free access to the digitized scores works, but it's a great teaser for what will be available in a few weeks.
By the way, the same applies for digitized scores by the Stabi (Deutsche Staatsbibliothek Berlin) - but there some scores have already become available over the last few weeks.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: A new site with digitized music

Post by pml »

How many symphonies do we want?

Enough coat-trailing suggestions from me... Good find, Kalliwoda.

Cheers PML
--
PML (talk)