Rigoletto arrangement by Donata Lovreglio

Moderator: kcleung

adolphsn
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Rigoletto arrangement by Donata Lovreglio

Post by adolphsn »

I have been trying to find some interest in late 1800s hand written Full Opera Orchestra arrangement of Rigoletto by Donata Lovreglio
Capriccio Fantastico Flauto ... I have Directors copy of 27 pages, and 27 sets of sheet music I think 15 parts, all done by hand when the sheet music has more than one page
it is held together by string.
How come I have it???: It was passed down to me via my stepmother, who was the daughter of Rocco Rotunni, a professor of music in Naples, a friend of Verdi, commissioning
Donata Lovreglio to the arrangement
Donato Lovreglio (1841 - 1907) was an Italian flautist and composer, mainly of music for his own instrument and other woodwinds.
He was a native of Bari, and later moved to Naples, where he died. Among his compositions are numerous concert fantasies and arrangements of themes from a number of Giuseppe Verdi's operas.
Any suggestions where I may go with this may be helpful.
I have a .ppt file I can send to an email address to look at a few of the pages, about 8mb. *ppt is a presentation file, MS or OpenOffice
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Rigoletto arrangement by Donata Lovreglio

Post by steltz »

Lovreglio is in the public domain pretty much world wide, so unless there is another person like an editor or orchestrator involved, this should be postable.

One of the copyright reviewers should be along shortly to let you know who to send it to to make absolutely sure.

(Yay -- one for the woodwinds!!)
bsteltz