Music ID Help

Moderator: kcleung

eygooglizer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Music ID Help

Post by eygooglizer »

Hello all,

I'm having some difficulty identifying the music in this video http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0a662d ... red_videos

I know that I've heard the music in this video before but I cannot put my finger on it! I think that it might be multiple movements of a single piece, but it might just be multiple pieces. It starts at about 0:24 and then it changes to a different tune at about 0:42 and changes again at 1:30. Again, I'm not sure if it's all one piece or not.

I know it's Baroque, but I've gone through quite a bit of Handel, Purcell, Teleman, Lully, Verdi, and Bach, and I still haven't found it.
The name of one or all (if it is multiple pieces) of this piece would be greatly appreciated

thanks
sbeckmesser
active poster

Re: Music ID Help

Post by sbeckmesser »

The 0:24-0:43 piece is an easy ID. It is the theme Britten used in his Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra, namely, to quote Wikipedia, "the Rondeau from Henry Purcell's incidental music to Aphra Behn's Abdelazer." The rest of the music (which is hard to hear) does not come from the Britten and, for stylistic reasons, is likely not also by Purcell. The piece that starts at 1:32 is also probably NOT Baroque, because of the harmonic territory it explores and the way the top line moves against the bass. "Fake Baroque" I'd call it, like the "Albinoni" Adagio for Strings. It could been done for this video, as the synthesizer segment likely was.

--Sixtus

see printed page 4 of http://conquest.imslp.info/files/imglnk ... _Suite.pdf
eygooglizer

Post by eygooglizer »

thank you so much! it was killing me trying to figure that out, although I did enjoy quite a lot of Baroque music in the process. I've even found some new favorite tunes.

I don't really care about the middle pieces; the first piece was my main interest.

thanks again
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

The first song is called "Old McDonald".