Scores have come to light

Moderator: kcleung

AverilDavies
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Scores have come to light

Post by AverilDavies »

Hello,
I am new here and finding the posts really interesting.
Recently , scores of my deceased composer father (Ronald Finch) have come to light as my mother has moved into a care home ,
and she had carefully stored them for many years.
I am enjoying cataloguing them.
Some time ago, I had a lot of enquiries regarding my father's music and it's availability so I wrote a short biographical note and put it on
Music-Web International.(Please note, the contact address at the end of the article is not now valid, please do email me if you wish)
I think it seems a good time to let the facts of his life and work reach a wider audience so that others can appreciate it, and certainly, in time
enjoy performing his pieces again.
Ronald Finch ( 1920- 1992) studied and worked with Gerald Finzi,Benjamin Britten and Michael Tippet and many others throughout his long career in the classical music field,
and the world of music publishing.Sadly, much of his own work remained unpublished in his lifetime, but a lot of it was performed.
There are several works which were aired on the Radio by the BBC archived in the British Library Sound Archive.
I hope that this has been of interest, it was after all a very richly creative period in British music,with a wealth of inspired works from Elgar and Vaughan Williams onwards
and I feel very privileged to have grown up absorbing that atmosphere and meeting such great talents along the way.
Averil Davies (nee Finch)