notabot2: Human

Look what I found...

Post by aldona »

...and ordered myself a copy... 8)

http://www.dacapo-notes.com/product_inf ... D-863.html

Another website gives the following info:
Erstausgabe [2000] c.1999
For tenor, women's chorus, horn and piano
Listed by Deutsch (D 863) as lost; edited from an anon. copy that surfaced in 1991; authorship uncertain
With such a recent publication, it will still be under copyright for a while, so obviously it can't be posted on IMSLP. But maybe we should have a feature that directs people to sites where rare gems like this can be purchased. If you click on a piece that is not PD, you get a message like...

"This piece is still under copyright and cannot be distributed or downloaded freely. However, you may purchase a copy at (link(s) to sites selling the relevant score)."

What a golden opportunity for publishers to get some publicity for their lesser-known works, or those likely to be of interest to collectors and scholars.

I wonder how many more works that Deutsch lists as "lost" will re-surface? Looks like Schubert's system for organising and keeping track of his works was very similar to mine... :lol: :oops:
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Isn't there going to be a part of the wiki that will direct to bound copies?
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

I seem to remember that idea being mentioned, not sure if it is still in the plans.

aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Yes, (just found out) it is still in plans and being developed.