How to determine if a score is PD or not, if there is no indicator under the score link

General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

Regina3000
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How to determine if a score is PD or not, if there is no indicator under the score link

Post by Regina3000 »

It's a bit confusing to me when I see a page like this: https://imslp.org/wiki/S%C3%A9r%C3%A9na ... C3%A9cile) which has two gray bars under which is an indicator of copyright status as shown here.

I think this means that the complete score is Non-PD EU, but I would like to have someone verify this, please.

I searched in several different places and could not find any clarification on this issue, which is why I'm asking here.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: How to determine if a score is PD or not, if there is no indicator under the score link

Post by Sallen112 »

Yes that means the files are Non Public Domain European Union which means its still under copyright in this region (or any Life + 70 countries in the world).
Regina3000

Re: How to determine if a score is PD or not, if there is no indicator under the score link

Post by Regina3000 »

Thanks! So that means the complete score and the violin part are both non-PD in the EU, right?

Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't see a notification that you had replied.
Fugalicious

Post by Fugalicious »

Hi Regina, that's correct – neither is PD in the EU. I'm just a fellow user rather than an admin, but I'm highly confident in my answer.