Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

choul
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Th. Ed. ####

Post by choul »

Hello,

I hope I've put it in the right place, I'm sorry if not.

I have a few scores (around 60) and I think they are pd but I'm not sure.
Looked already on the publishers page, but couldn't find it. All scores have in the middle at the bottom of the page the text Th. Ed. ####
I think it's from a Dutch publisher because on one of the pages I found a Dutch text . The pieces are bundled with a hard cover around it,
but no frontpage or backpage. Not dated.

Does someone know where I can search for information?

Just in case some titles can be of help:
1292 Guillaume Teil De Rossini by Henri Cramer
1410 Mille Fleurs by Olivier Lebierre opus 141
1288 Chant d'Amour by F. Bajardi

All pieces are for piano only and the pages are more than A4 format.

Thanks in advance,
Choul
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Th. Ed. ####

Post by KGill »

They're probably all OK. Guillaume Tell de Rossini was published ca.1846. As far as I can tell, though, Lebierre's Op.141 is actually a piece called Hänsel et Gretel de Humperdinck, published 1896. Could be a different publisher's numbering; I didn't find any record of a piece called 'Mille Fleurs'. The Bajardi appears to have been published in 1895 by Schott. It seems like you may have a newer edition, though. Are there any editors listed? How old does the engraving look?
choul
forum adept

Post by choul »

KGill wrote:They're probably all OK. Guillaume Tell de Rossini was published ca.1846. As far as I can tell, though, Lebierre's Op.141 is actually a piece called Hänsel et Gretel de Humperdinck, published 1896. Could be a different publisher's numbering; I didn't find any record of a piece called 'Mille Fleurs'. The Bajardi appears to have been published in 1895 by Schott. It seems like you may have a newer edition, though.
Thanks for your quick response @Kgill and the extra information. I searched with Google already, hoping to find something. On some pages is written the text 'Met toestemming der uitgevers opgenomen' what means something like 'included with permission of the publishers' so I think I can conclude that they are not from the original publishers.
Kgill wrote: Are there any editors listed?
None. And it looks like every transcriber/composer is already dead for more than 70 years (I live in the EU), but I haven't found every birth/death date of the composers yet.
Kgill wrote: How old does the engraving look?
Very old.

I still don't know if I can manage to make the scans, the pages are bigger than my not-quality-scanner can handle. :-(
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Lebierre died in 1914, Bajardi in 1934, Cramer in 1877. (I wouldn't recommend just doing a web search - try musicsack.com or viaf.org. I got the 1895 date from hofmeister.rhul.ac.uk; you can also use worldcat.org.) My guess is it's a period reprint, with a new plate number slapped on - definitely PD worldwide. You may still be able to scan it OK depending on how wide the margins are.
choul
forum adept

Post by choul »

KGill wrote:Lebierre died in 1914, Bajardi in 1934, Cramer in 1877. (I wouldn't recommend just doing a web search - try musicsack.com or viaf.org. I got the 1895 date from hofmeister.rhul.ac.uk; you can also use worldcat.org.) My guess is it's a period reprint, with a new plate number slapped on - definitely PD worldwide. You may still be able to scan it OK depending on how wide the margins are.
Thanks a lot @KGill for the information. Until now I can't manage to make the scans because the margins are too wide for my scanner and the book is pretty heavy too, so I hope to find another way to make the scans, don't know how yet at the moment.