General copyright-related issues and discussions

Moderator: Copyright Reviewers

Rob Peters
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

University of Rochester collection

Post by Rob Peters »

Have there been any attempts so far at integrating (parts of) this giant collection with IMSLP?

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/browse ... ctionId=25

As far as I can see, everything is at least US PD, and there are no bogus copyright notices.
If there's interest in having certain parts available at IMSLP, I could help doing some uploading work (at least the parts that are EU PD too).
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: University of Rochester collection

Post by daphnis »

Yes, this goes on every day. If you look around on the site, you'll see scores attributed to "Sibley Music Library".
Rob Peters
active poster

Post by Rob Peters »

Silly me, didn't realize that the Sibley scores originate from this source.
I'lll try and contribute then (starting with organ scores, since that's my field of interest...)
Rob Peters
active poster

Post by Rob Peters »

One question, though:

I'd like to browse the Sibley collection manually and upload the interesting items first (of course still using the special Sibley uploading tool). That way I can pick some interesting scores for my own collection as well.
Would that be ok, or would it interfere with the work of people who upload systematically by Sibley page number?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

We already have a large portion of the collection available. You will save yourself lots of time if you check the listing of scores not yet uploaded, which I believe is updated every day. You also need to carefully check dates for composers, arrangers, editors and authors of text as a number of things at Sibley are free only in the USA.
Rob Peters
active poster

Post by Rob Peters »

I noticed the abundance of PD US only items too, yes. Will be careful only to upload PD EU pieces.
I still wonder: say, I'll upload some Sibley scores I found in a manual search, will they still show up in the daily updates on the scores listing?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Rob Peters wrote:Have there been any attempts so far at integrating (parts of) this giant collection with IMSLP?
Sure. http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Sibley_Mirroring_Project
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Rob Peters wrote:I still wonder: say, I'll upload some Sibley scores I found in a manual search, will they still show up in the daily updates on the scores listing?
If you mean one of these pages: http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Sibley_Mirr ... ist_Page_4 please edit it and delete the line {{Spill|nnnnn}} corresponding to the score you've uploaded. This is not automatic. So other members of this Project will not lose time with this score.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I deleted {{Spill|l19936}} for you :-) (Fugue in E-flat minor (Sabaneyev, Boris))
Rob Peters
active poster

Post by Rob Peters »

coulonnus wrote:I deleted {{Spill|l19936}} for you :-) (Fugue in E-flat minor (Sabaneyev, Boris))
Where would I be without you guys :oops:
I see the other items I uploaded today are cancelled from the list too, thanks.

Interesting piece, that Sabaneyev fugue, btw. Starts fairly traditionally, but goes completely over the top in the last pages.