Sanfior
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

A claim against Boris Tarakanov

Post by Sanfior »

Hello everyone!

Excuse my English. :oops:
I had been reading this forum for long time, but didn't take part in discussion because of my poor English.

Today morning I have read that publisher "Kompositor" is going to make a complaint against big russian sheet music site notes.tarakanov.net
It is the biggest site with scores in runet (CIS region)

Actually there are a lot of copyrighted scores on it.
But it would be real disaster for all users from Russian-speaking countries, who can not buy this sheet musics anywhere.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

For the most part I agree with the concept of copyright being stealing. (Intellectual property is theft... where have I heard something similar before?)

And yes it is a disservice to not only the publisher, but also the people. They make less money, and the people get less of an education.

Would you (if you were a composer as I am) put your scores in strict copyright, so that Publishing corporations then place exorbitantly high prices on your scores, the result being that no one knows or hears your piece, or would you rather your music be appreciated and listen to by a wide audience?

And don't be afraid to post because English isn't your first language. You are perfectly understandable. A couple of errors, but even the people with English as a first language have the same (sometimes more).

Post more! :)
emeraldimp
active poster

Post by emeraldimp »

Yagan Kiely wrote:For the most part I agree with the concept of copyright being stealing. (Intellectual property is theft... where have I heard something similar before?)
Can't tell if you're being ironic or not, so: that would be Proudhon.
Sanfior
regular poster

Post by Sanfior »

Well, it seems it was "a decoy-duck".
There are two alike publisher houses - Moscow "Kompositor" and "Kompositor SPb".
Yesterday the representative of "Kompositor SPb" told on russian forum that this publisher is not going to bring in an action against B. Tarakanov, though they also have a lot of reason for complaint on his site.
Sincerely,
Sanfior.