Post by Peter »

returns an empty table
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: {{PublishedList}} is broken

Post by Peter »

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong here? Since about a month, this code, which is used on a publisher's page, stopped returning the table of work pages with files by this respective publisher.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Can you give a publisher's page? in e.g. https://imslp.org/wiki/Prilipp the Links Category:Scores published by Prilipp work fine.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Coulonnus, Prilipp does not contain this code, but a manually edited table. The above cove should automatically generate a table, and did that just fine up to a few weeks ago. Example in https://imslp.org/wiki/The_Anglo-French_Music_Co.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

This manually-edited table is ony a selection of works where the year is known. But when you edit this page, at the bottom there is
==Links==
*[[:Category:Scores published by Prilipp]]

But it fails when I adapt these lines and add them into the Anglo French music co. page.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Sorry, I probably did not make myself clear enough in my non native language.
When you insert the template {{PublishedList}} into a publisher's page; it automatically generates a table (not a category listing) with all entries in IMSLP, sortable on plate number, year etc. In for example Anglo French music Co, you can see that it's broken - it only returns the header of that table. It does that with every publisher.

I don't know who wrote the code (Feldmahler?), but I think it is a very good template, and obviates the need to manually maintain the tables. It's strange that many of you did not know about it before!
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

No, seriously, he's right, it's -broken- broken. It's not working-as-ordered-and-just-looks-broken-because-he-doesn't-understand-it-broken*, it is -broken-. I can attach a screenshot of how it looks on my Mac running the latest Safari browser. It displays (in every publisher page to which it's been dispatched) only the table column names, and a 0-size table.

*and really, people.

(edit: it wasn't broken not that long ago; I know what the PublishedList table looks like when it's working well, including the fact that sometimes the template has to be removed, saved, replaced, saved (ie refreshed) to take account of recent changes - e.g. better more accurate dates - to pages that contain files from that publisher. But again, right now at least on my computer and this browser it's turning up nil, and I think it worked on Safari before. It's either the new updated browser (recent changes to Safari), which is possible, or - something...)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It's not safari, it's broken on all windows browsers as well.
I'll message Feldmahler.
When fixed, there is a better solution to update the table: instead of &action=edit , attach &action=purge to the url of the publisher's page and/or that of the recently updated work page.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Should now be fixed after page caches clear.