update to the admin panel

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

update to the admin panel

Post by Peter »

Dear programmers, please update the admin panel on the left side. The links to the tagfinder presets are obsolete. Can you please update them to the correct links, as used in the Special:IMSLPTagFinder page?
Thanks
Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Re: update to the admin panel

Post by Peter »

I'll just reply to this so this post has some attention again.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Well, It's not something that we use much. And my user page has all sorts of useful links...including...http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:SpecialPageTexts. You should look at my user page if you want to find something - you often will...;)
Also, a more direct link is: http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Special:IMS ... r/MainText
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I know, Perlnerd, I constructed the majority of the content of that Maintext page... I use(d) the admin section in the left pane very frequent, now it's useless. No one is obliged to use it. Or the links have to be fixed, or the section has to be removed. I choose the first.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

By the way, couldn't the link to the Page Deleter , also in the admin panel, be tweaked so that the current page title from which the link is clicked, is automatically filled in in the form? Less copy-paste work this way. An extra check box would be required then (e.g. 'OK, i'm sure I want to delete this page and all the images it contains') to prevent accidental deletions.

And now I'm speaking of it, the mass tagger and or mass deleter could use a function to include a range of IMSLP #'s. Saves a great deal of work if a large series of submissions need to be tagged/removed. Also here, a check box to prevent accidental deletions (e.g. 'OK, I'm sure there are no other files in this range') is needed.

I guess we'll ask Leonard when he's back.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

So far, Feldmahler is the only one with access to the code, so there is nothing I can do.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Oh, I assumed you do have access. Feldmahler, give him the code! :wink:
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I will when the time is ripe ;)

By the way, what exactly about the admin panel is useless? I was under the impression that it is still useful. If you want it fixed, just give me a list of links that you would like to see there.

Regarding PageDelete, I did realize this problem, but due to technical limitations I do not think I can fix it without turning the code upside down. Plus, I'm currently rather tangled trying to finish optimizations to the wiki so that it doesn't die during peak load, and so I will leave the matter up to Leonard when he gets the programming powers :)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It's just the links to the tagfinder presets that are obsolete (they weren't updated after some tagger update long ago), and need to be updated to the same links as used on the TagFinder/Maintext (e.g. the old link for CR tags also lists N! tags). I personally use mostly New additions, Recent Tags, Recent additions, maybe CR-tags will be used frequently by carolus too. thanks, P
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Oops...I get carried away sometimes.
Of course, now would be the time for some of those suggestions....if ever, which probably isn't true.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"