[FEAUG] I cant't correct the title of a piece

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[FEAUG] I cant't correct the title of a piece

Post by coulonnus »

I have made a misprint with the name a new piece. I go into the page of that piece, click on edit, make the correction at the | *****WORK INFO***** |Work Title line, Save page,
but when I come back to the page of the piece my misprint is still present in the large, bold-character title of the piece at the top of the page! The correction only shows up in the General Information, Work-Title section. The misprint still shows up in the list of Pages of the composer's category.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: [FEAUG] I cant't correct the title of a piece

Post by Lyle Neff »

coulonnus wrote:I have made a misprint with the name a new piece. I go into the page of that piece, click on edit, make the correction at the | *****WORK INFO***** |Work Title line, Save page,
but when I come back to the page of the piece my misprint is still present in the large, bold-character title of the piece at the top of the page! The correction only shows up in the General Information, Work-Title section. The misprint still shows up in the list of Pages of the composer's category.
You need to use the "move" command on the work page. That's like renaming, except that the "old" (incorrect) title will remain in the system, leaving the "new" (correct") name as the title for the work page; and if anyone searches by the old title, the search will redirect to the "new" title that you moved it to.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
coulonnus
active poster

Re: [FEAUG] I cant't correct the title of a piece

Post by coulonnus »

Lyle Neff wrote:You need to use the "move" command on the work page. That's like renaming, except that the "old" (incorrect) title will remain in the system, leaving the "new" (correct") name as the title for the work page; and if anyone searches by the old title, the search will redirect to the "new" title that you moved it to.
Works, but I also have to correct the To new title: field when I do it! Thanks.