Upload filter

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Upload filter

Post by daphnis »

Leonard/Peter/Feldmahler or whomever is handling the coding of the wiki, would it be possible to put in place an upload filter that would block anything but a .pdf file extension? Since we've agreed to only accept PDF files, why not put in a filter to this effect with a warning label if someone tries to upload, say, a .MUS file for example.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Upload filter

Post by KGill »

daphnis wrote:anything but a .pdf file extension
And image file extensions, don't forget...
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Well, this upload filter would be for work page uploads and not the general file upload, if that's possible.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I think the question is whether we actually agreed to only have PDF files. I had advocated strongly for this a few months ago, but the poll ended 50/50.

Insofar as the programming is concerned, banning MUS/SIB from either only the file submitter or the entire wiki (existing files won't be affected) can be done in a matter of seconds. Literally.

If you want to start a new poll, please do. I still strongly support only PDF files, but I do not want to override the rest of IMSLP.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

As I recall, there were no issues brought forward regarding inclusion of .MUS/.SIB files that attachment to generated PDF could not solve. I was not aware the case was still "open" in that regard.