[FEAT] Explain preview and thumbnail fields in add file

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

naja

[FEAT] Explain preview and thumbnail fields in add file

Post by naja »

Hi,

i think it is rather confusing that these fields don't have any explanation. In fact, i think it would be most useful to put a browse... button next to it, so people could upload it from this form, it kind of seems unlogical to me that you first have to look somewhere else to upload it. Software can than proceed to give the file the most useful name, so it contains composer work file...details.

Seems less error prone and more user friendly. Also then even i think there should be some explanation so that enthusiast new users can immediately start uploading. Eg, i wouldn't be sure what the preferred format, size etc of a thumbnail file is. I have never come accross one on imslp...

This is especially important also since these kind of files can save your bandwidth cause people can try before they download... Right now a lot of reasonable big files don't have previews...

greets
naja
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

You can actually directly add the explanation to the Add File (and Add Multiple Files) special page using this:
http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Internation ... cial_Pages :)

Having the form actually upload the thumbnails is somewhat harder to do... I may implement this sometime in the future.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Even though this bug is not fixed, it is not a software-side bug, and so I'm closing it :)