[FEAT] Requests forum

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[FEAT] Requests forum

Post by Peter »

Can a forum admin maybe create a "Requests" forum? There are a lot of requests for scores, and they are scattered all over the forum.
jobdf
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Request

Post by jobdf »

Hi,

you can find a wishlist of scores at:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Wishlist
scottorr
forum adept

Post by scottorr »

Perhaps then there could be sticky in a forum called "Requests" that instructs the visitor to put their requested piece into that list.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Request

Post by Peter »

jobdf wrote:Hi,

you can find a wishlist of scores at:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Wishlist
Sure, that page exists from one of the first days of IMSLP (already more than a year ago...), accumulating more and more (un)fullfilled requests. I wonder if anyone uploading still reads that page. I don't.

The forums however have quite a lot requests that have interesting replies and sometimes a beautiful scan as a result. These requests are spread in all subforums, designating that people do not find the right forum. The forums should stay clean and neat.
emeraldimp
active poster

Re: Request

Post by emeraldimp »

Peter wrote:Sure, that page exists from one of the first days of IMSLP (already more than a year ago...), accumulating more and more (un)fullfilled requests. I wonder if anyone uploading still reads that page. I don't.
I do, when I'm going to the library, but lately I haven't had much time for that. But if very few others do, then perhaps it would be better to have it in the forums.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

You know, I've been thinking about starting a Requests forum too, only to be stopped at the last moment when I remembered the existence of the Wishlist ;)

Maybe I'll start such a forum and see how it goes...

Edit: And done. Hence I'm locking this thread as fixed :)