[FEAT] Instrumentation Search Criteria

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

feldmahler
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: [FEAT] Instrumentation Search Criteria

Post by feldmahler »

The system I am imagining does not distinguish between chamber or orchestral (or anything) as long as the categories exist. The rules for translation of the shorthand into the category name/search string is provided by the Librarians, and not the code. But again, I'm not sure when I will be able to get to this.
This is the alternate account for "imslp". (Admins: please do not add any privileges to this account.)
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Bearing in mind that there was no plan to tag orchestral works for exact instrumentation, the effect of this (I think) is that it would be for chamber works only. Tagging the orchestral works more "finely" would be a massive job with perhaps limited benefits. Currently the category for orchestral is just "orch".
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

Maybe something similar could be achieved by standardizing the information shown in the "Instrumentation" section of the work page? Different ways of doing this have been considered in the past, and maybe it's time to look at this again.
chriswind

Post by chriswind »

hello, I'd like a bit of help...I just uploaded a solo for alto flute, but it's not showing up on the genre page "scores for alto flute" - which is what I'd intended. I'd like to upload a few more of my compositions, because I'm thinking this might be where potential performers go when they want new music, yes? So if someone is looking for a solo for alto flute, I want them to find my piece! How do I make that happen?
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

It won't show up in the alto flute category until our tagging team have got to work on the page. We do give priority to contemporary composers, but it can still take a few days to work through the system. Don't worry, it will be taken care of :-)
chriswind

Post by chriswind »

Thank you!! chris

(And am I correct in thinking this site is a good way to have my compositions available to performers looking for new music? Or is it really just more of a space capsule archive?