Sibley: "No valid file on page" error

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

icactus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Sibley: "No valid file on page" error

Post by icactus »

So I'm getting the "No valid file on page" error for every sibley file when using the sibley upload link. I noticed that when I click on a sibley link it now opens the pdf in a new window instead of prompting for download like it used to so maybe that is having an effect....
Eric
active poster

Re: Sibley: "No valid file on page" error

Post by Eric »

I emailed Sibley, and got this response from someone there (A Mr. Sarr) : they've made a recent change that is probably causing this. The files are all there- control click, save them (change the names to something appropriate first), all should be fine. (Use the more usual uploader with SibleyScan and SibleyProject tags...)

Coders may have to rewrite the code in the simple Sibley uploader to adjust, though.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

I also got this error message when trying to upload something from Sibley yesterday. I thought it was because it was published to the news feed so soon.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Well, I'm having some trouble getting used to having to click-save and for the time being not being able to use the simple uploader I think?..., but - hrm. Is there another problem besides that though?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The Sibley uploader should now be fixed.