Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

fortissimo
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Moszkowski Etincelles (Sparks) flawed

Post by fortissimo »

Just thought I'd point out that the following score is majorly flawed:

http://erato.uvt.nl/files/imglnks/usimg ... 6_No.6.pdf

If you are familiar with the music, you'll notice right away (second page) that the page ordering is not correct. One must jump from p. 562 to 567, then back to 563. Then one must skip over some redundant material later on (the material that begins with the r.h. F major first inversion chord).

Also, I tried to register (six times) in order to e-mail one of the IMSLP volunteers, but I was unable to type out the correct human verification image: the input box only allows 4 characters, and it seems each image has 5 characters (such as "5+3-2").

Chad
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Moszkowski Etincelles (Sparks) flawed

Post by pml »

Chad,

If the pages are merely out of order it should be relatively easy for someone to fix.

It’s not a “copy this verbatim” Captcha; it’s an “exercise your powers of arithmetic” Captcha.

5+3—2=6

Thanks, P.
--
PML (talk)
fortissimo

Post by fortissimo »

Actually, they aren't merely out of order; as far as I can tell, lines 2-5 of p. 566 are redundant (but not line 1). I haven't given much thought to reordering - perhaps it only appears to be redundant but I'm missing some solution.

As for the Captcha.... OHHHHH. Duh. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Don’t worry, you’re not alone in having been confounded by the Captcha. I wonder if it could be made even more obvious...
--
PML (talk)