[Todo] Clean up MediaWiki:Common.css

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

[Todo] Clean up MediaWiki:Common.css

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

Not really a bug, nor a feature, but nonetheless this forum seems appropriate :)

Low priority request: I would like to remove the old stuff from MediaWiki:Common.css, but I need to be sure that it is not used anywhere. I'd ask Feldmahler when he has some spare time to run some queries on the database to find out if any of those classes are used in any IMSLP page:

"out", "in", "ltin", "tpin", "narrow", "medium", "youtube", "large", "scroll_a", "scrolltext_a", "headline"

Let me know if you need help with the queries.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The ones for the scrollbar may be used, otherwise they shouldn't be unless they are used in the skin itself. In any case, it'd be nice if you could tell me what exactly to search for (as I'm not familiar with the CSS usage syntax), and perhaps even a SQL statement. But as you say this is rather low priority, so I'll get the other stuff done first (starting with the upgrade and copyright review stuff) :)
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

Matching all current text entries against

Code: Select all

regexp "<[^>]+class[[:space:]]*=[[:space:]]*\"[^\"]*(out|in|ltin|tpin|narrow|medium|youtube|large|scroll_a|scrolltext_a|headline)[\"[:space:]]"
should do (hopefully).

Anyway, I've posted a note on naming conventions on MediaWiki_talk:Common.css, I hope that it will prevent such doubts in the future.