Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

coulonnus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[BUG] "Year of entry in PD" belongs to the past

Post by coulonnus »

On this page http://imslp.org/wiki/L%27Orgue_mystiqu ... Charles%29
I see the copyright codes V/N/10. We are in 2012. Can't this '10' automatically change into 'V' when the scores becomes PD in that continent? It was correct in 2008. :-)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: [BUG] "Year of entry in PD" belongs to the past

Post by KGill »

Since any year in the past in a tag is treated the same as V (and I think comes up that way under searches?), I guess Feldmahler never felt this would be more than a minor irritant, certainly not one that makes any difference to the accessibility of a file. Also, I'm not sure it would be possible to automatically fix at present, because of the way the internal search function works - you can't search copyright tags by exact year, only by whether they're V, C, still under copyright, or under copyright with permission granted (all with urtext modifiers). I think this feature would also be useful for other reasons but I doubt the automated correction you're talking about could happen without it.
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: [BUG] "Year of entry in PD" belongs to the past

Post by Carolus »

It could conceivably be useful if someone wanted to know in which exact year a work entered the public domain. It can be manually changed by re-tagging it V/V/V anyway.