Category Walker trouble maybe

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Category Walker trouble maybe

Post by Eric »

Have looked for e.g. recordings and pages with links to recordings in the "Mahler, Gustav" category (and there are some- the pages of Symphony 9 and Symphony 4, respectively). The category walker in both cases turns up (for instance again) nothing though it shows several pages on the Category Walker page (correctly, though I don't know if the count is correct). Wondering if it's broken...
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Category Walker trouble maybe

Post by Davydov »

Hmm. Going through the sidebar link to browse recordings, the category walker produces a different list.

The difference seems to be that the above searches for pages with recordings, while your search looked for pages that contain links to recordings. In other words, these two categories aren't the same.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Yes- that was the link I gave, as I noted. In any case, this is true for -any- category walker link (recordings, libretto by person, piano accompanied, links to recordings, ... ... ... - any of them whats'ever) I clicked on that page - they all produced the same result below. It may be my browser and computer (Mac OS 10.7, Chrome) or something else...

The result I got when I clicked on the category walker link was

This category currently contains no pages or media.

This is clearly untrue since Symphony no.4 contains just such media (links to recordings) as I requested above. The category walker had listed 4 pages of which symphony no.4 would have been one and then turned up, as you see, none at all. I expect a bug somewhere. Maybe not.
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

I was suggesting that the category walker was working OK, but the categories might have been applied incorrectly. Maybe you can describe the stages you went through with the category walker, step by step, which might help to trace the error?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

hrm. starting with the composer topic, going to the Mahler- category walker, and following some of the links, say

(1) symphonies-show pages
(2) songs-show pages
(3) pages with parts - show pages

all give the same result even though the category walker page gives (reasonably!) a number of "hits" for each.
Trying a different composer category prouced the same result. I presume you are getting a more normal result than I am, is what you are saying. I'll restart my computer and try one or two other browsers, which sometimes helps...
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

Yes, it certainly looks like the "Show pages" feature of the category walker is broken everywhere, not just in the case of the Mahler recordings. I guess Feldmahler will need to tweak something :)