Upload new version of file

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Upload new version of file

Post by Eric »

this seems to throw up several error messages (now). I'm trying to replace the BSB file PDF of Gade's symphony 4 arr. for piano 4hands with one that lacks the BSB-specific front and back pages (of course- someone needs to remove them, and if not the original uploader, I may as well), but apparently, IMSLP won't allow me to replace the current pdf with the adjusted one (which is about the same size) either though I'm using the usual upload-new-version-of-this-file protocol... seems to be locked in for better or worse.

These are the error messages I have received twice now:

It is recommended that files are no larger than 10485760; this file is $2.
A file with this name exists already, please check File:PMLP224463-Gade Symphony 4 Op.20 Pf4h.PDF if you are not sure if you want to change it. File:PMLP224463-Gade Symphony 4 Op.20 Pf4h.PDF
imslp
Site Admin

Re: Upload new version of file

Post by imslp »

Eric,

Just a few questions:

1. Is the problem still there?
2. Would it be possible to ignore the warning and force a save anyway? (For certain warnings you can just click through them, I don't know if this is one of them.)
3. If both of the above fails, can you e-mail me the file along with a screenshot of the error? (My e-mail address is on my user page.)

Thanks!
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I'll have a go...
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

interestingly, the system seems to think that I'm using the usual upload page (though the &wpforUpload=1 should have warned it otherwise, that may be getting lost somewhere. Certainly on the error page, the material following & has dropped and it's just Special:Upload with error message as above. Will send screenshot.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

tried to send mail, failed. it may be a question too of the size (12.2 mb) of the file, as it says in the error message above; I tried replacing a much smaller PDF just now (175 kb), without incident.