Composers not showing up in Composer category- again

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Composers not showing up in Composer category- again

Post by Eric »

clearing caches is not helping with this, again... the following composers (probably among others...) are in the People category but not the Composers category

Rudolf Nováček (brother of Ottokar (1866-1900) and others, son of Martin - generally, member of a distinguished musical family... anyway!)

B. Polak-Daniels

J. Haydn Waud (1848-1918)

While the following problem has been reported in another thread, or part of it has, not only are new performers not showing up in the performers category, but now no performers are- the list of performers is now empty (browsing recordings --> performers gives an empty list. Thanks to matesic for pointing these out/confirming them.)
imslp
Site Admin

Re: Composers not showing up in Composer category- again

Post by imslp »

I think the composer situation is a cache problem; you need to clear the cache for both the composer page *and* category (Category:Composers) page. I think it should automatically clear after a while though; if you still find categories with this problem in, say, 2 days, please tell me (as of this date both Novacek and Waud have shown up in the composer category automatically; I've manually cleared the composer category for Polak).

The "Performers" issue is a bug (stemming from the new tabs) that will be fixed in the next few days. This goes also for "Editors", etc (though these categories are much less linked to so I don't think people noticed).